Saturday, August 7, 2010

Back in the 9-0-7!

Manitou Incline - 3000-ish Steps!
I spent my summer in Colorado, well, most of it anyway.  I left Alaska and arrive in Colorado May 19th.  After spending the first two weeks attending all my "little sister's" graduations, I finally got some time to relax.

I spent a lot of time with friends and family.  I did lots of hiking at the beginning of the summer.  I hiked the incline at the beginning of the summer, which is quite the feat!

I got to go to Vail, CO for a week for a teaching conference.  I met up with some of the teachers from another village in my district, Manokotak.  It was a lot of information to take in, but it was well worth it!  We had a great time learning some amazing new material to try to bring back to our schools and students!

I also met Jack at the beginning of the summer.  He and I went to California for a few weeks this summer, where I met his family and friends.  He has met all my family back in Colorado and I'm told by everyone I need to keep him around.  We've got big plans for the future, as soon as I can get back to Colorado or he gets out of the Army...whichever happens first :)

I met a lot of new amazing friends this summer, reconnected with old ones, and had a great time with family.  Now I'm back in Alaska!  I moved into my new housing unit (well, new to me at least...).  On Monday, I'm headed to Dillingham for inservice for the week.  I believe school starts on the 17th, right in the middle of moose season!

My goal for this year:  post in this blog more, for those of you who follow it...we'll see how that goes I guess!

1 comment:

  1. I follow your blog, so keep the posts coming more often this year for certain! We don't hear enough of the culture stories there. I'm sure you're holding back on us. :)

    ReplyDelete